Check if you need an EuRail or InterRail pass. Eurail is only available for for persons with country of residence outside of Europe.

The EuRail Pass can NOT be used by European residents. They have to travel with an InterRail pass. Persons have lived in one of the following countries for at least the preceding six months are allowed to buy a EuRail pass.
1 What is your current country or residence ?
2 In which country was your passport issued ?
If you have two passports, please choose the one you will use during your trip.
3 Starting with which date will you use your rail pass ?
Please enter the date of your first travel day.
Keep in mind: during your trip you have to prove your country of residence by producing official documents such as an ID card, passport or a residence permit, a visa, a bank receipt or a telephone bill.